PostgreSQL 14 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
NOTE: Please place new open items at the end of the list.
- Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
- Owner: Tomas Vondra
- Generalize INDEX_CLEANUP to allow the user to disable the optimization that has VACUUM skip indexes in marginal cases with very few LP_DEAD items/deletable TIDs.
- Owner: Peter Geoghegan
- compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
- Owner: Bruce Momjian
- Should we undo libpq change that leaves PQerrorMessage() nonempty after successful connect?
- Owner: Tom Lane
Older bugs affecting stable branches
- REINDEX on a system catalog can leave index with two index tuples whose heap TIDs match
- In other words, there is a rare case where the HOT invariant is violated. Same HOT chain is indexed twice due to confusion about which precise heap tuple should be indexed.
- Unclear what the user impact is.
- Affects all stable branches.
- CREATE TABLE .. PARTITION OF fails to preserve tgenabled for inherited row triggers
- tgenabled lost on CREATE TABLE .. PARTITION OF, and on pg_dump, and comments on child triggers lost during pg_dump;
- memory leak with JIT inlining
- could not rename temporary statistics file on Windows
- See 909b449e00fc2f71e1a38569bbddbb6457d28485 that has fixed a similar symptom for WAL segments. Most reporters of the WAL segment problem complained about this renaming issue as well.
- Incorrect snapshot calculation when 2PC is in use
- Seems to be an old problem.
- hashagg broken by failing to spill grouping columns
- Fixed at: 0ff865fbe50e82f17df8a9280fa01faf270b7f3f
- PITR promote bug: Checkpointer writes to older timeline
- Fixed at: 595b9cba2ab0cdd057e02d3c23f34a8bcfd90a2d
- Permission failures with WAL files in 13~ on Windows
- Fixed at: 78c24e97dd189f62187a99ef84016d0eb35a7978
- CLOBBER_CACHE Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb
- Fixed at: 9d523119fd38fd205cb9c8ea8e7cceeb54355818
- Reference leak with tupledescs in plpgsql simple expressions
- Fixed at: c2db458c1036efae503ce5e451f8369e64c99541
- extract(julian) is undocumented and gives wrong result
- Fixed by documentation change at: 79a5928ebcb726b7061bf265b5c6990e835e8c4f
- lwlock dtrace probes do unnecessary work if dtrace is compiled in but disabled
- Fixed at: b94409a02f6122d77b5154e481c0819fed6b4c95
Nothing to do
resolved before 14beta1
- FailedAssertion reported in lazy_scan_heap() when running logical replication
- Fixed at: c9787385db47ba423d845b34d58e158551c6335d
- Assertion fail with window function and nested partitioned tables
- Atomic initialization of waitStart done at backend startup
- Fixed at: f05ed5a5cfa55878baa77a1e39d68cb09793b477
- pg_collation_actual_version() ERROR: cache lookup failed for collation 123
- Fixed at: 0fb0a0503bfc125764c8dba4f515058145dc7f8b
- cryptohash: missing locking functions for OpenSSL <= 1.0.2?
- Fixed at: 2c0cefcd18161549e9e8b103f46c0f65fca84d99
- psql query cancellation is broken, as are autocommit, and error reporting
- Reverted by: fae65629cec824738ee11bf60f757239906d64fa
- On Windows, collation version lookup (sometimes?) fails for names like "English_United States.1252", but works for names like "en-US".
- Handling of querystring inconsistent for parallel execution of SQL function bodies
- Fixed at: 1111b2668d89bfcb6f502789158b1233ab4217a6
- Issues in PostgresNode and older major versions with multi-install
- handling of character continuation in psql broken by sql body patch
- Fixed at: d9a9f4b4b92ad39e3c4e6600dc61d5603ddd6e24
- Bogus collation version recording in recordMultipleDependencies
- Fixed at: ec48314708262d8ea6cdcb83f803fc83dd89e721 (Feature revert)
- Corruption issues with WAL prefetch?
- Fixed at: c2dc19342e05e081dc13b296787baa38352681ef (Feature revert)
- Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
- MSVC scripts don't support builds with lz4: fixed at 9ca40dcd4d0cad43d95a9a253fafaa9a9ba7de24
- pg_dump includes no tests with compression methods of attributes and --no-toast-compression: fixed at 63db0ac3f9e6bae313da67f640c95c0045b7f0ee
- Documentation missing for --with-lz4 in installation instructions: fixed at 02a93e7ef9612788081ef07ea1bbd0a8cc99ae99
- Replication slot stats misgivings
- should autoanalyze for partitioned tables handle ATTACH/DETACH/DROP?
- Fixed at: 1b5617eb844cd2470a334c1d2eec66cf9b39c41a (docs)
- SQL-standard function body: pg_dump should handle circular dependencies
- Owner: Peter Eisentraut
- Feature Freeze: April 7, 2021 (Last Day to Commit Features)
- Beta 1: May 20, 2021
- Beta 2:
- Beta 3:
- RC 1: