From PostgreSQL wiki
- Amit Langote is going to continue working on native (declarative) partitioning. Although the initial goal is to implement the DDL on top of existing inheritance-based partitioning capabilities so that certain optimizer and executor enhancements could be realized in near term (which the EDB/Postgres Professional members will be working on as well), he is open to adapting to any alternate partitioning infrastructure that the community thinks to be a way forward. There is no concrete proposal yet for the said alternate infrastructure, but he is currently investigating the options and will prioritize them based on the consensus within the community.
- Once we have native partitioning, Tatsuro Yamada will work on introducing global indexes on partitioned tables.
- Masahiko Sawada is working on improving multiple synchronous replication, especially adding quorum commit and more complexed synchronous method.
- Masahiko Sawada is working on improving VACUUM processing logic. He is also interested in parallel utility commands, especially VACUUM and ANALYZE.
Foreign Data Wrappers
- Masahiko Sawada and Vinayak Pokale will work on a transaction manager for database sharding with FDW approach. Since some transaction manager approaches are already proposed, he will join the discussion to reach the consensus on community first.
- Kyotaro Horiguchi is going to continue working on adding support for asynchronous execution of FDWs with Robert Haas of EDB or any other contributors.
- Kyotaro Horiguchi will help review the work on adding aggregate pushdown to postgres_fdw, which will be proposed by the EDB members.
- Etsuro Fujita will work on improving the postgres_fdw join pushdown. Currently, it doesn't handle some cases, such as FULL joins on relations with restrictions or SEMI/ANTI joins. And it doesn't yet attempt to create parameterized join paths even though this option does get tried for a base relation scan. He will work on eliminating these limitations.
- Etsuro Fujita will work on improving the postgres_fdw DML pushdown so that UPDATE/DELETE on a foreign join can be pushed down to the remote server. He also plans to work on adding INSERT pushdown to postgres_fdw.