PostgreSQL is intending to submit as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2020.
This page is your starting point for PostgreSQL's participation in the GSoC program. Please watch this page for updates.
- Lean about GSoC (Read this first)
- GSoC video presentation
- Are you eligible for GSoC?
- The DOs and DON’Ts of Google Summer of Code: Student Edition
- Project ideas
- Note that you don't have to pick one of the project ideas listed in this page, you can submit your own project idea instead. Your idea will be evaluated by the mentors.
To apply we ask that you create:
- A list of deliverables
- A detailed description
- Outline your approach
- Outline your approximate schedule
- A document describing your background
Please also include if you have other commitments during the period of GSoC. This includes jobs (part time or full time), exams, vacation, and anything else which might prevent you from working on your project.
We encourage you to contact the PostgreSQL Project before submitting your proposal through the GSoC website, and discuss the details with us. Proposal changes after the deadline can't be accepted..
Please send your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org (you must be subscribed to the list). The deadline for proposals is April 27, 2020.
There are several resources which can provide help.
- #postgresql channel on Freenode IRC
- #gsoc2020-students channel on PostgreSQL Slack (Details and Signup)
- pgsql-hackers Hackers Mailing List
We will announce dedicated communication channels for students soon.
If you want to participate, please contact one of the PostgreSQL org admins:
- January 14, 2020: Organizations Apply
- February 20, 2020: Organizations Announced
- March 16, 2020 - March 31, 2020: Student Application Period
- March 31, 2020 - April 27, 2020: Application Review Period
- April 27, 2020: Student Projects Announced
- April 27, 2020 - May 18, 2020: Community Bonding
- May 18, 2020 - August 10, 2020: Coding
- June 15 - 19, 2020, July 13 - 17, 2020: Evaluations
- August 10 - 17, 2020: Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
- August 17 - 24, 2020: Mentors Submit Final Evaluations
- August 25, 2020: Results Announced
- Summer of Code home
- Official Google Summer of Code 2020 Timeline
- GSoC discussion list
- PostgreSQL GSoC Site