PostgreSQL is intending to submit as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2021.
This page is your starting point for PostgreSQL's participation in the GSoC program. Please watch this page for updates.
- Lean about GSoC (Read this first)
- GSoC video presentation
- Are you eligible for GSoC?
- The DOs and DON’Ts of Google Summer of Code: Student Edition
- Project ideas
- Note that you don't have to pick one of the project ideas listed in this page, you can submit your own project idea instead. Your idea will be evaluated by the mentors.
To apply we ask that you create:
- A list of deliverables
- A detailed description
- Outline your approach
- Outline your approximate schedule
- A document describing your background
Please also include if you have other commitments during the period of GSoC. This includes jobs (part time or full time), exams, vacation, and anything else which might prevent you from working on your project.
We encourage you to contact the PostgreSQL Project before submitting your proposal through the GSoC website, and discuss the details with us. Proposal changes after the deadline can't be accepted.
Please send your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org (you must be subscribed to the list). The deadline for proposals is April 13, 2021.
There are several resources which can provide help.
- #postgresql channel on Libera IRC
- #gsoc2021-students channel on PostgreSQL Slack (Details and Signup)
- pgsql-hackers Hackers Mailing List
We will announce dedicated communication channels for students soon.
If you want to participate, please contact one of the PostgreSQL org admins:
- Stephen Frost <email@example.com>
- David Steele <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Ilaria Battiston <email@example.com>
For future reference, the Postgres application page as organization is here.
- January 29, 2021: Organizations Apply
- March 9, 2021: Organizations Announced
- March 29, 2021 - April 13, 2021: Student Application Period
- April 13, 2021 - May 17, 2021: Application Review Period
- May 17, 2021: Student Projects Announced
- May 17, 2021 - June 7, 2021: Community Bonding
- June 7, 2021 - August 16, 2021: Coding
- July 12 - 16, 2021: Evaluations
- August 16 - 23, 2021: Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
- August 23 - 30, 2021: Mentors Submit Final Evaluations
- August 31, 2021: Results Announced
- Summer of Code home
- Official Google Summer of Code 2021 Timeline
- GSoC discussion list
- PostgreSQL GSoC Site