PostgreSQL is intending to submit as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2022.
This page is your starting point for PostgreSQL's participation in the GSoC program. Please watch this page for updates.
Please ask any questions about getting started and running infrastructure in the Slack channel (#gsoc2022-contributors, see below)! Refrain from contacting the mentors or organization admins privately. If your question hasn't been answered, please ping us on Slack.
- Lean about GSoC (Read this first)
- GSoC video presentation
- Are you eligible for GSoC?
- The DOs and DON’Ts of Google Summer of Code: Student Edition
- Project ideas
- Note that you don't have to pick one of the project ideas listed in this page, you can submit your own project idea instead. Your idea will be evaluated by the mentors.
To apply we ask that you create:
- A list of deliverables
- A detailed description
- Outline your approach
- Outline your approximate schedule
- A document describing your background
Please also include if you have other commitments during the period of GSoC. This includes jobs (part time or full time), exams, vacation, and anything else which might prevent you from working on your project.
We encourage you to contact the PostgreSQL Project before submitting your proposal through the GSoC website, and discuss the details with us. Proposal changes after the deadline can't be accepted.
Please send your proposal to: email@example.com (you must be subscribed to the list). The deadline for proposals is April 19, 2022.
There are several resources which can provide help.
- #postgresql channel on Libera IRC
- #gsoc2022-contributors channel on PostgreSQL Slack (Details and Signup)
- pgsql-hackers Hackers Mailing List
We will announce dedicated communication channels for students soon.
If you want to participate, please contact one of the PostgreSQL org admins:
For future reference, the Postgres application page as organization is here.
- February 7, 2022: Organizations Apply
- March 7, 2022: Organizations Announced
- April 4, 2022 - April 19, 2022: Contributor Application Period
- April 20, 2022 - May 20, 2022: Application Review Period
- May 20, 2022: Contributor Projects Announced
- May 20, 2022 - June 12, 2022: Community Bonding
- June 13, 2022 - September 4, 2022: Coding
- July 25, 2022 - July 29, 2022: First Evaluation
- September 5, 2022 - September 12, 2022: Students Submit Code and Final Evaluations
- September 12, 2022 - September 19, 2022: Mentors Submit Final Evaluations
- September 12, 2022 - November 12, 2022: Extended coding period
- September 20, 2022: Initial Results Announced
- November 28, 2022: Extended Projects Results Announced
- Summer of Code home
- Official Google Summer of Code 2021 Timeline
- GSoC discussion list
- PostgreSQL GSoC Site