Excel Add-in for PostgreSQL by Devart
Excel Add-in for PostgreSQL by Devart allows you to quickly and easily connect Microsoft Excel to PostgreSQL, load data from PostgreSQL to Excel, instantly refresh data in an Excel workbook from the database, edit these data, and save them back to PostgreSQL. It enables you to work with PostgreSQL data like with usual Excel worksheets, easily perform data cleansing and de-duplication, and apply all the Excel's powerful data processing and analysis capabilities to these data.
- Connect to PostgreSQL Directly from Excel. To connect Excel to PostgreSQL you just need to specify its host, port, and your credentials. As for security, Devart Excel Add-in for PostgreSQL supports secure SSL connections, secure authentication with single sign-on, etc. Connection information may optionally be stored in the Excel file, or you may reenter it whenever necessary.
- Use Query Builder or SQL to Import Data You Need. Visual Query Builder allows you to choose a table to import data from, select the columns from this table and related tables, and set filter conditions and data ordering options visually. If you need to select data more precisely, you can use SQL to select data you need. Before finally importing data you can preview data and verify the query in a Data Preview window.
- Instantly Refresh Data Whenever You NeedIt's very convenient to always have fresh data from the database right in your workbook. Imagine, you have performed data analysis in your Excel workbook, built some charts for your PostgreSQL data, and you can re-read data from the source and update all this to the current state by just clicking a button on the ribbon whenever you need.
- Edit PostgreSQL Data Like Usual Excel Spreadsheets To edit PostgreSQL data in Excel you need just to click the Edit Mode button on the ribbon before editing, and then you can edit data just like you usually do it - add or delete rows, modify cell values, etc. All the changes are highlighted so you can easily see which data is changed. After you finish editing, simply click Commit to write changes to the database or Rollback to cancel changes.
- Instant Data Validation Devart Excel Add-in for PostgreSQL instantly validates entered data and highlights errors, such as incorrect dates, duplicate primary key values, etc.