DotConnect ADO.NET Provider for PostgreSQL
dotConnect for PostgreSQL is an ADO.NET provider for working with PostgreSQL data using the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate PostgreSQL data into your .NET applications (C# or VB.NET), as well as integrate PostgreSQL with widely used data-oriented technologies.
- RAD Approach. dotConnect for PostgreSQL provides a vast number of GUI tools that increase your productivity. It integrates into Visual Studio Server Explorer and other tools, and provides advanced visual component editors to simplify component tweaking. DataSet tools, such as DataSet Wizard, DataSet Editor, DataSet Manager, provide you an easy way to create and edit typed and untyped DataSets.
- ORM Support. dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer. It offers you advanced support for Model-First and Database-First design approaches and flexible T4 template-based code generation for the model. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Entity Framework v1 - v6.1 and and Entity Framework Core 1.1 and 2.0, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to PostgreSQL). dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Entity Framework Spatials, Code First, Code First Migrations
- dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers both high performance connectivity to the PostgreSQL database and a number of innovative development tools and technologies. It supports a wide range of PostgreSQL-specific features, such as secure SSL connections, PostgreSQL notifications, PostgreSQL bulk data loading, GEOMETRY, PostgreSQL ARRAY types, and others.
- Advanced integration with Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017
- Support for .NET Framework 2.0-4.7, and .NET Core 1.x and 2.0