From PostgreSQL wiki
This page is meant to coordinate work on DDL triggers.
- Enforce business logic
- Example: Restrict table names to certain rules (CREATE TABLE trigger)
- Example: Need to know when somebody has dropped a table
- Slony, Bucardo, etc. could replicate DDL statements automatically
- Use of the existing hook
- Need to support people who cannot use the hook (e.g. PgAdmin)
- Current utility function is recursive: triggers should only fire on first call
- What to export? Start simple with:
- type of object
- OID of object
- name of object
- Use nodeToString or nodeToSql?
- Returning the original string?
- Syntax of the call
- How to store in a system table (map action to function)