From PostgreSQL wikiJump to navigationJump to search
UPDATE: EnterpriseDB will be hosting a happy-hour style party on Saturday.
Where: Cayenne Bar & Grill. It's less than a half-mile (~0.75km) from the conference site, directly south on Broadway.
When: Saturday 5 - 7:30 pm or thereabouts
What: Open bar, appetizers
...and what about lunch, or after the party? Input from Seattle natives is much appreciated!
It sounds like most people are staying at the Marriot Springhill (1800 Yale Ave). It should be pretty easy to get to Pike Street, but bring walking shoes & expect hills. (As a Seattle native, I believe everything mentioned so far is within 30 minutes of sober walking from that hotel.)
Requests so far:
- pub crawl
- get Magnus thrown out of a bar
- Jillian's Billiards Club recommended by locals, but would require cabs to get there (~2.5 miles from Springhill)
- Gameworks huge arcade. ~0.5 mile from the hotel, also has a full bar
- climbing wall at the Seattle REI
- chocolate factory tour at Theo Chocolates
- Six Arms (~0.5 mile from the hotel, may not be walkable) McMenamin's, decent pub food & local brews
- Kell's, standard Irish Pub. Probably not walking distance.
- Owl 'n Thistle, Irish Pub. Also probably not walking distance, but I'm assured it's good.
- Elysian Brewing
- Linda's Tavern
- Bimbos Cantina Margaritas!
- Honeyhole Sandwiches Boxed lunches available.
- 611 Supreme
- In The Bowl
- Queen Sheba
- Baguette Box
- Machiavellis (better for dinner)
- Wild Ginger (better for dinner, has many private rooms)
- Assiago (better for dinner, a one private room)
- Shiro's Sushi (better for dinner, has a private room)
Want to join? Add your name below!
- Jeff Davis
- Scott Bailey
- Andrew Lardinois
- Tim Bruce
- Jim Nasby
- Brian Aker
- Josh Berkus
- Jon Erdman
- David Fetter
- Adrian Klaver
- David Gibbons