PostgreSQL 9.4 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
- Adjust error message about version incompatibility to say "9.3 or above"
- Remove non-fast recovery code as it is no longer needed and cannot be accesssed
- Revisit default of 4x shared buffers for effective_cache_size
- Remove xloginsert_slots/xloginsert_locks GUC
- GIN fast scan and compression loose ends:
-  Cost estimation needs to be fixed
- Immediate shutdown no longer removes backup_label if backup is in progress
- Dynamic Shared Memory loose ends
- "could not remove shared memory segment" LOG message if you backup+restore on same system
- Allow new postmaster to clean up dynamic memory segments even after "rm -rf <datadir>", by storing enough information about DSMs in the SysV segment about htem.