From PostgreSQL wiki
- Stuff to do:
- Prof Len Shapiro - list contacts,
- Robert Treat - mentor 2x, PHP stuff phppgadmin/pgadmin etc. FTS for pgadmin/phppgadmin
- Selena Deckelmann - other stuff
- Michael Brewer - contact about Higher Ed - ME
- Devrim Gunduz - Admin
- Josh Berkus -
- Stephen Frost - column level permissions
- Dave Page
Florian - read/only on snapshots no advancement of xid on select statements
- usable code
- useful/novel ideas
- research projects
- longer term contributors
- Update GSOC page - SELENA submit changes that Robert can push
- Slightly different email text for advertising - SELENA, run it by Len Shapiro for his advice
- Blog that we're participating and seeking students
- Round of private emails to people who have participated in the past: Heikki, Simon, Mark,
- request interest, and then follow up in asking about possible topics for students
- Mentor recruitment and then email to -hackers
- do this much later when we have some proposals in
- Research which projects were done in the past and how they morphed into contributions
- Selena needs to think of a convincing way to get mentors bought into students blogging etc.
- Recruitment -- no organized group effort?
- -announce, -general, -hackers
- user group lists?
- linux user group in gainsville -- university of florida
- sysadmin at U of Alabama
- Michael: Q -- is there something better we can do? , Len Shapiro
- Univ. of Maryland -- contact them?
- BLOG posts Robert and I could do about what is happening
- Research Postgres-related projects in other projects... -- ROBERT go do this later
- Identify the commitfest that the code will be submitted to
- Selena - #postgressql-gsoc (register, then done)
- Handle the submission process -- ROBERT handle the submission process
- Create the timeline: due dates, etc.
- Create an orientation to -hackers and -general for students
- Have students communicate on -hackers where appropriate (didn't really work?)
- Or other relevant -devel lists
- Stuff to keep students together:
- Daily blogging for students
- weekly group IRC checkin -- two checkin times maybe?
- Mailing list
- pgsql-students (?)
- mentors mailing list -admin mailing list, berkus said?