Google may select the PostgreSQL Project for the 2019 Season of Docs. This page is your starting point for the GSoD program. Please watch this page for updates.
- Learn about GSoD (Read this first)
- Are you eligible for GSoD?
- Project ideas
- Note that you don't have to pick one of the project ideas listed in this page, you can submit your own project idea instead. Your idea will be evaluated by the mentors.
To apply we ask that you create:
- A list of deliverables
- A detailed description
- Outline your approach
- Outline your approximate schedule
- A document describing your background
Please also include if you have other commitments during the period of GSoD. This includes jobs (part time or full time), exams, vacation, and anything else which might prevent you from working on your project.
We encourage you to contact the PostgreSQL Project before submitting your proposal through the GSoD website, and discuss the details with us. Proposal changes after the deadline can't be accepted..
Please send your proposal to: email@example.com (you must be subscribed to the list). The deadline for proposals is June 28, 2019.
There are several resources which can provide help.
- #postgresql channel on Libera IRC
- #gsod2019-techwriters channel on PostgreSQL Slack (Details and Signup)
- pgsql-docs Documentation Mailing List
We will announce dedicated communication channels for technical writers soon.
If you want to participate, please contact one of the PostgreSQL org admins:
- April 2, 2019: Organizations Apply
- April 30, 2019: Organizations Announced
- April 30 - May 28, 2019: Technical Writer Exploration
- May 29 - June 28, 2019: Technical Writer Application Period
- June 28 - July 30, 2019: Application Review Period
- July 30, 2019: Technical Writing Projects Announced
- August 1 - September 1, 2019: Community Bonding
- September 2 - November 22, 2019: Documentation Development
- November 25 - 29, 2019: Project Finalization
- December 2 - 6, 2019: Mentors Submit Evaluations
- December 10, 2019: Results Announced
- February 24 - 28, 2020: Final week for Long Running Projects
- March 6, 2020: Google adds the long-running projects to the results of Season of Docs 2019