Ecosystem:dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL
dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL is a free GUI tool for convenient management and development of PostgreSQL databases and database objects. With its friendly and intuitive interface, dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL allows users to create, develop, and execute queries, seamlessly edit and adjust the code to specific requirements with the help of the following key features:
1) Code Completion enables users to save time while writing SQL queries. The feature enhances code quality and boosts the coding speed with:
- List Members
- Parameter Info
- Quick Info
- Complete Word
- SQL Code Formatter
2) Database Explorer with expandable object tree allows users to navigate through the database objects, quickly find any PostgreSQL objects and their nodes (like rules and triggers for views, indexes for materialized views, domains and more), thus perform the following tasks:
- Retrieve data from the database on a single SQL document
- Truncate a table
- Select Properties to view object-specific information
- Generate Script AS (Create and Drop for all Source Objects: Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Triggers, Functions, Procedures, Sequences, and Indexes).
3) Data Editor simplifies the process of editing PostgreSQL table data and offers a bunch of handy options for data viewing and editing:
- Data editing as in Google Sheets and MS Excel, or in the Card View mode
- Management of table settings, such as adjusting column width and setting default data editing mode
- Paginal mode for a neat display of data containing thousands of records
- Auto-search mode for a quick column data search
- Customizing color and format of rows and cells using a rich set of fonts and sizes
- Providing predefined data type formats so that users can select the most suitable one for their needs
- Cached Updates Mode data editing allows controlling data editing within a single database object.
4) Data Export and Data Import
- Filling a database with external source data and migrating data between systems
- 10+ file format support, including Google Sheets
- Flexible data import and export customization
- Handy wizards for data export and import
5) Query Profiler
- Plan Tree of query execution
- Diagram of query execution with the cost of all operations as a percentage of the total batch cost
- List of top operations taking place on the server
- Execution plan in the XML format
6) Visual Pivot Table Designer
- Using this tool, you don't need to go into PostgreSQL subtleties to group and summarize your data. Visual Pivot Table Designer, advanced filtering, visual data presentation in a graph make your data easier to read, understand, and analyze.
- Advanced filtering
- Visual data presentation in a graph
7) Master-Detail Browser
- A tool for a simultaneous data view in related tables. It is also convenient for the express data analysis and locating specific records and logical errors in the database.
- Design View for setting up relations between tables
- Data View for handy display of results
- Smart sorting and filtering
8) Data Reports
- Support for 9 different formats
- Data Report Wizard
- Report Designer
- Chart Designer
Note that the minimum requirements include .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher installed.
The 1.0.410 version was released on June 05, 2018.
The 2.0 version with Brand New Standard Edition was released on December 10, 2018.
The 2.1 version with a new query optimization feature, Greenplum DB connectivity was released on May 06, 2019.
The 2.2 version with SQL Code Formatter, a new 'Generate Script AS' feature, Cached Updates Mode in Data Editor, and a bunch of other notable improvements was released on October 01, 2019.
The latest version 2.3 contains improved Script Generator, SQL Formatter, Query Profiler functionality, and was released on August, 12, 2020. For a list of changes see the revision history.
Also, the edition includes a free 30-day trial.
To learn more information about dbForge Studio for PostgreSQL, please visit this page.