From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 14:44, 19 May 2012 by Boshomi
PostgresForest is designed for the use of Business Intelligence apps and (read intensive) Web apps.
- PostgreSQL JDBC driver derivative: PostgresForest is a modified JDBC driver to enable clustering features.
- High Availability: PostgresForest enables to implement an high-available database system with its replication facilities.
- Parallel Query Processing: PostgresForest can understand and execute parallel queries in a shared-nothing distributed database.
- On-Line Recoverying: PostgresForest can recover a node from its failure condition without the service downtime.
- Scalability: Up to tens of servers.
- Read Scaling: Yes
- Write Scaling: Yes (on partitioning)
- Synchronous replication: Yes (statement-based replication)
- Parallel Query: Yes
- Failover/HA: Yes
- Online Provisioning:
- PostgreSQL Upgrades:
- Detached Node/WAN:
- PostgreSQL Core Modifications Required: Yes (lock timeout patch required to avoid the global deadlock)
- Programming Languages: Java (A JDBC derivative)
PostgresForest is a query based replication system.
- Sponsored by NTT DATA CORPORATION