From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 20:28, 28 August 2009 by Aglio
This is a list of items needing attention for Postgres Advocacy.
- - marks ordinary, incomplete items
- [E] - marks items that relatively quick and easy to complete
- [D] - marks items that are done
- Designate official spokespeople for analyst and press briefings. quotes, and interviews
- Events Listing (ongoing)
- Keep global PostgreSQL events list updated. Find new events we should be at and add them. Discuss, flag events where we need a PostgreSQL presence and don't already have one.
- Upgrade site to Drupal 7 or some other newer platform which is easier to use and useful to PUGs. Ideally, create something which would create an event calendar which allowed RSVPs
- PostgreSQL Media Channel
- Create and broadcast more videos & podcasts of PostgreSQL material. Organize media and see that it's carried onto other channels (twitter, etc.)
PR & Releases
- Regional Contacts
- Update/maintain list of Regional Contacts. Recruit new regional contacts. Ideally, we need a dedicated RC master who can do just this.
- Release Marketing Deputy
- Josh to train 2nd person on how to do the PR around a major release. Need dedicated volunteer.
- Interview Users
- Create and maintain a short list of big PostgreSQL users whom press can call for interviews. Ideally, create one in each language. Would be related to Reference Users below.
- Press List
- Update and maintain our list of English-langauge press contacts. Remove the ones from the current list who are no longer working, and find and add new ones, including good+popular bloggers.
- Collateral List
- Create a page/application which tracks all of our swag and printed materials. Aggresively pursue people about updating this page when stuff gets shipped around or used.
- Case Studies
- Produce several new case studies, finish them and post them. Will probably break down into sub-tasks.
- [E] What is PostgreSQL?
- Create a new/better "what is PostgreSQL?" flyer using OSS tools, like Scribus or Inkscape
- References App
- Create a postgresql.org web application to track all of our user references and display them in a pleasing, searchable way. Should cover names, quotes, and links to articles and/or case studies. Would replace both the "featured users" and "quotes" pages.
- Sponsors App
- Create a postgresql.org web app so that we can maintain a list of everyone who has financially contributed to the project or our constituent nonprofits for a "financial sponsors" page.