Frequently Asked Questions
From PostgreSQL wiki
The official FAQs are in the process of being migrated to the wiki. For those not listed on this page, see Official FAQs on the website.
- Why can't I connect to the database from a remote system?
- How do I fix incorrect sequences?
- How can I make a statement faster?
- How do I figure out why some statements are executing slowly?
- What has changed in recent PostgreSQL versions?
- How can admin tasks login to the database without a password?
- Why am I seeing plenty of database writes on my read-only query?
- What GUI database design tools are available?
- What test frameworks exist?
- How do I change the order of columns in a table?
- How can I limit what resources a query or user uses?
Please read the Guide to reporting problems before posting a question not answered in the FAQ. You're more likely to get a better answer, sooner.
I am trying to port sybase codse to posgresql. I looked at the documentation but couldn't find good instruction on how to create a recurrence event which similar to the sybase codes below.
Can some one help?
create event PURGE_ORDER schedule
start time '00:00:00' every 30 minutes on ( 'Monday', 'Tuesday', 'Wednesday', 'Thursday', 'Friday','Saturday', 'Sunday' )
declare @value varchar(128); call cleanup_order();