From PostgreSQL wiki
The PostgreSQL elephant logo "Slonik" is a copyrighted design, and the name "PostgreSQL" is a registered trademark. If you wish to use the name or logo in any way, you must comply with this policy.
- The name and logo, or derivatives of it may be used to promote PostgreSQL based products or services.
- The name and logo, or derivatives of it may be used to promote or serve PostgreSQL or related projects and their communities.
- You may not state or otherwise lead people to believe, that you represent the PostgreSQL Global Development Group in any way other than as an individual or corporate contributor to the project.
The following are examples of acceptable uses of the logo:
- Inclusion of the name or logo on your website offering PostgreSQL support or consultancy services.
- Inclusion of the name or logo on your website from which you offer PostgreSQL-related or PostgreSQL-derived software products.
- Inclusion of a modified version of the logo on a PostgreSQL user forum that you run.
- Inclusion of the name or logo in your software or documentation to indicate that it runs on or with PostgreSQL.
- Use of the name or logo on websites, publications or merchandise, modified or unmodified, for PostgreSQL user groups, events, or non-profit organizations which support PostgreSQL.
- Use of the name or logo to advertise PostgreSQL-related content in a public event.
- Use of the name or logo in news articles or blogs which reference the PostgreSQL Project or database system.
The following are example of uses of the logo which are NOT acceptable:
- Use of the name or logo in a software product that is unrelated to PostgreSQL and does not run on it, or work with it.
- Use of the name or logo to promote a product that directly competes with PostgreSQL but is otherwise unrelated.
- Use of the name or logo for a club or function that is unrelated to PostgreSQL.
If you have any questions about this policy, or its interpretation, please email email@example.com.