From PostgreSQL wiki
See The PyPgDay page at pgExperts.com for full information about this event.
PyPgDay was held on March 13, 2013. It was presented by Disqus, and sponsored by Salesforce, Heroku, VMware, 2ndQuadrant, Apsalar, File-Away.UK, Pandora, PostgreSQL Experts, Translattice, Uber.com and Urban Mapping. It was additionally supported by Adobe, CommandPrompt and Jeff Davis.
List of Talks
Below are the talks which were given at the PyPgDay. Where slides are available, they have been linked. Licensing information, if any, is as noted in the slides. If no licensing is given, assume All Rights Reserved.
Full information about the schedule is on the schedule page
There was no video recording for this event due to convention center rules.
- Evan Kiltzke, Uber.com: Migration to PostgreSQL
- Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant, Monitoring PostgreSQL with Python
- Jignesh Shah, VMWware, Best Practices for HA and Replication in Virtualized Environments
- Jeff Davis, Aster Data, Using Range Types in your Applications
- Mike Clarke, Disqus, Sharding with the Django ORM
- Christophe Pettus, pgExperts, Extending PostgreSQL Into Python
- Fazal Majid, Apsalar, Scaling Mobile Analytics with PostgreSQL and Python
Lightning Talks Included:
- Python for Social Content Filtering - Satish Viswanatham, Cloudable
- Simple Python Interface to PostgreSQL using JSON - Robert Geiger, Translattice
- Deploying Postgres in the Cloud with Ubuntu - Mark Ramm, Canonical
- Query Better with HTSQL: Catherine Devlin, Dell KACE
- James Pye: py-postgresql and PL/Python3 (no slides)
- Christophe Pettus: New Transactions in the Django ORM
- Zain Memon: DIY Geocoder
- Dance! Ines Sombra, Engineyard