PostgreSQL 9.3 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 20:17, 10 August 2013 by Nmisch
See the PostgreSQL 9.3 Development Plan.
Blockers for 9.3
- Improve the event trigger API documentation?
- Optimizer behaves incorrectly in some LATERAL queries.
- Inconsistent enforcement around adding constraints to materialized views
- Don't delete from stats_temp_directory files we could not have created
Not Blockers for 9.3
- Consider whether COPY into newly created tables should ALWAYS freeze, perhaps only when checksums enabled - requested by Noah, Robert
- sepgsql and materialized views
- If we don't fix it, we should minimally update the limitations section in the docs.
- InvokeObjectPostAlterHook() placement in AlterTSConfiguration()
- Restructure ProcessUtility to fix event-trigger clobber-cache-always failures
- Agree on the new page checksum algorithm
- Fix planner equivalence-class bugs
- pg_ctl's new idempotent option broke crash recovery cases
- VACUUM breaks matview scannability state
- Do something about unlogged matviews
- Another assertion failure at promotion
- Assertion failure when promoting node by deleting recovery.conf and restart node
- fast promotion and log_checkpoints - trivial cosmetic issue; not a bug of any kind
- Fast promotion failure
- Restore protection against accidentally creating stuff in pg_catalog schema
- There are a couple of ways to fix that, per thread, but we need to do something.
- As a quick fix, reverted commit a475c603.
- pg_isready doesn't handle conninfo properly
- Agree on API for testing view and foreign table updatability
- Bug with inheritance and auto-updatable views.