PostgreSQL 9.3 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 14:37, 19 May 2013 by Simon
See the PostgreSQL 9.3 Development Plan.
Blockers for 9.3
- Restore protection against accidentally creating stuff in pg_catalog schema
- There are a couple of ways to fix that, per thread, but we need to do something.
- Improve the event trigger API documentation?
- Assertion failure when promoting node by deleting recovery.conf and restart node
- Fast promotion failure
Not Blockers for 9.3
- Consider whether message for COPY FREEZE needs to be added
- Consider whether COPY into newly created tables should ALWAYS freeze, perhaps only when checksums enabled
- fast promotion and log_checkpoints - trivial cosmetic issue; not a bug of any kind
- Restructure ProcessUtility to fix event-trigger clobber-cache-always failures
- Agree on the new page checksum algorithm
- Fix planner equivalence-class bugs
- pg_ctl's new idempotent option broke crash recovery cases
- VACUUM breaks matview scannability state
- Do something about unlogged matviews
- Another assertion failure at promotion