PostgreSQL 9.2 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 19:17, 6 February 2012 by Simon
See the PostgreSQL 9.2 Development Plan.
- Make XLOG_HEAP2_VISIBLE records generate recovery snapshot conflicts so that IndexOnlyScans work on Hot Standby
- Release-note PL case folding incompatibility
- change GiST implementation for range types?
- Bgwriter needs to close file handles [Simon]
- Checkpointer latch loop [Simon]
- Reconsider the names of valid values of synchronous_commit
- Update the sample ps output in "monitoring-ps" section of the manual to include the new checkpointer process
- Correct docs for SP-GIST so that example implementations shown/referred to/examples given - unusably opaque at present
Interactions and Cross checks
- Remove parameter passing from WALReceiver and WALRestore code if recovery.conf becomes GUCs
- Double check bgwriter/checkpointer comments
- Check new processes listed correctly in postmaster comments