PostgreSQL 9.1 Open Items
From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 19:42, 23 March 2011 by Simon
See the PostgreSQL 9.1 Development Plan.
- standard_conforming_strings -- readiness of drivers and applications
- Review "Long Term" list of items from PostgreSQL 9.0 Open Items
- do latches have memory-ordering problems?
- DO blocks leak memory
- raise protocol version number
- conversion from integer literals to money type
- fix attinhcount tracking
- generate_series boundary issue and prototype patch
- either remove write_location completely, or revert the change that broke it
- sync rep and shutdown
- rhaas says: fast shutdown now works, smart shutdown is still a problem
- replication timeout
- Typed-tables patch broke pg_upgrade
- comments on SQL/MED objects
- Walreceiver crashes in AIX
- bug of the hot standby feedback
- GIST rewrite vs. pg_upgrade
- replication/README needs to be updated
- backend wrongly waits for sync rep even though max_wal_senders = 0
- reload of the configuration file should not cause the server to end unexpectedly
- Fix ecpg preprocessor regression
- Once sync_standbys_defined becomes true, there's no way for it to ever become false again. That can't be right.
- backend no longer needs to wait for replication when synchronous_standby_names is set to and configuration file is reloaded.
- pause_at_recovery_target needs to be added in recovery.conf.sample
- BUG #5842: Memory leak in PL/Python when taking slices of results
- hot standby feedback message needs to be explained at protocol-replication.html
- consider renaming ident to peer authentication on local connections
- serious problem by multiple backups
- FK constraints "NOT VALID" by default
- sync rep very slow when fsync=off on standby
- No longer need to check synchronous_standby_names and max_wal_senders at startup
- pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp limitations
- rhaas says: It's not clear there's an action item here, so moving to resolved. Feel free to move back with more details.