PGDay Argentina 2013
From PostgreSQL wiki
PGDay Argentina 2013
This is the 4th national intensive PostgreSQL one day conference (non–profit, community–run) held in Argentina. The previous editions were:
- PgDay Buenos Aires 2012 wiki (also in Buenos Aires)
- PgDay Rio de la Plata 2008 (also in Buenos Aires)
- PgDay Junin 2009 (National Nort-West Buenos Aires Province University)
This year, the conference includes topics related to Public Administration, as the event is held in the conext of the Argentine Digital Agenda, a project that began in 2009, and is a tool aimed at leveraging the possibilities offered by the Information and Knowledge Society. It commenced out of the commitment for multiplayer and participative work by government representative, business organizations, academic entities and Civil Society Organizations with the ultimate purpose of promoting sustainable development and people’s quality of life.
- Date: November 14th, 2013 9am-7.30pm (GMT-3)
- Venue:: Av. Roque Saenz Peña 511 - "National Cabinet Office" building
- Coordinator:: Mariano Reingart email@example.com
- Website:: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013
Final Group Picture (organizers, speakers, collaborators and some attendees):
Slides for talks will be linked here!
- El camino de la disponibilidad: datos y servicio (The path to availability: data and services) Jaime Casanova
- Mecanismos futuros de indexamiento en PostgreSQL (Future Minmax and Bitmap indexes for PostgreSQL) Alvaro Herrera
- ECPG - Sql embebido en C (ECPG - SQL embedded in C) Marcelo Diaz
- La herramienta ideal para el administrador (The ideal tool for the DBA) Martín Marqués
- CartoDB: PostgreSQL + PostGIS en la nube (CartoDB: PostgreSQL + PostGIS in the cloud) Sebastián Scarano
Free attendance, web registration required: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013/user/register (limited seats)
Pre-confirmed international speakers includes Simon Riggs, Alvaro Herrera, Jaime Casanova, and several presenters from Argentina and South America.
- Accepted talks: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013/activity/accepted
- Speakers: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013/activity/speakers
- Schedule will be published online: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013/schedule
Proposal web submission system: http://www.postgresql.org.ar/pgday2013/activity/proposed (deadline was September 28th, but we have space for lightning talks and work meetings)
The event will be held in the building of the "National Cabinet Office" Av. Roque Saenz Peña 511, in the context of the Argentina's Digital Agenda Forum.
The activities will take place in the Auditorium (1° floor) and meeting room (3° floor).
The venue is located in Buenos Aires downtown (in front of the Plaza de Mayo main square, at 4 blocks of the Obelisco).
- Subway (Subte): Line A– Plaza de Mayo; Line B – Florida; Line D– Catedral; Line E– Bolivar
- Bus: Line 6, 9, 10, 17, 24, 26, 28, 29, 45, 50, 64, 91,105,111,126, 146,180 (R155)
- Argentine Digital Agenda (Agenda Digital Argentina): is a joint initiative of the Office of the National Chief of Cabinet and the Ministry of Education, the National Ministry of Federal Planning, Public Investment and Services and the National Social Security Agency
- Pampa Bussiness solutions (local sponsor)
- Sistemas Ágiles (local sponsor)
- Argentina PostgreSQL Users Group (organizer)
- Argentine Free Software Civil Association (collaborator)
The advertising partnership and fundraising campaign for PGDay 2013 has just started. There are several opportunities for you to join the advertising (including program guide printing and badge, lanyards, folder/bag, or t-shirt sponsorship). It is also possible to directly sponsor a speaker for the conference, a meeting room, social events or A/V recording, between other options.
Please contact us if you're interested.