From PostgreSQL wiki
JDBC Binary Transfer
The idea of the binary transfer patch to the JDBC driver is to transfer all binary types from the PostgreSQL server to the JDBC driver in their binary form.
This eliminates the need to convert f.ex. number from their text representation to their binary representation.
This patch will therefore provide a speedup of the JDBC performance.
The binary transfer is enabled by default, but is controlled by the
flag on the connection url.
Furthermore you are able to force binary transfer using the
java -Dorg.postgresql.forcebinary=true -classpath myjar.jar MyApp
The patch was developed by Mikko, with modifications by Kris and minor updates by Jesper.
- Sync with CVS HEAD (2009/06/23)
- Sync with CVS HEAD (2009/06/02)
- Fixed Statement::executeQuery(String) in regards to ResultSet
- Added binary transfer to the test suite
- Added simple Statement ResultSet test
- Sync with CVS HEAD
- build.xml - cleanups regarding def_pgport
- build.properties - cleanups regarding def_pgport
- QueryExecutor - corrected the constant value
- QueryExecutorImpl - removed unneeded code paths