From PostgreSQL wiki
Revision as of 23:45, 24 March 2010 by Ads
- March 8th - 12th, Mentoring Application Due
- March 29th - April 9th, Student Applications Due
Stuff to do:
- Robert Treat - Past mentor 2x and co-admin
- Selena Deckelmann - Co-admin, Mentor Summit attendee.
- Dave Page - Former mentor - pgAdmin, Windows, Packaging, Infrastructure
- Robert Haas - CommitFest Manager
- Gerd Koenig - hacker
- Heikki Linnakangas - Postgres Committer
- Magnus Hagander - Postgres Committer, Windows, pgAdmin
- Guillaume Lelarge - pgAdmin
- Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais - phpPgAdmin
- Josh Berkus - auto-configuration, performance testing
- Andreas Scherbaum - performance, ddl, configuration
- Florian - read-only on snapshots, no advancement of xid on select statements
- Ivan - Full-Text Support in phpPgAdmin
- Mickael Deloison - pgScript engine for pgAdmin
- Luis Alberto Ochoa Paz - Graphical query builder for pgAdmin
- usable code
- useful/novel ideas
- research projects
- longer term contributors
- Kick-off Meeting for Community Members
- Update GSOC page
- Blog that we're participating and seeking students
- Round of private emails to people who have participated in the past: Heikki, Simon, Mark,
- request interest, and then follow up in asking about possible topics for students
- Mentor recruitment and then email to -hackers
- do this much later when we have some proposals in?
- Recruitment -- no organized group effort?
- -announce, -general, -hackers
- user group lists
- Univ. of Maryland -- contact them?
- Identify the commitfest that the code will be submitted to
- Stuff to keep students together:
- Regular blogging from students
- weekly group IRC checkin? -- two checkin times maybe?
- Have students communicate on -hackers where appropriate (didn't really work?)
- Or other relevant -devel lists
- Mailing list
- pgsql-students (?) vs. -hackers (?) maybe up to mentor?
- mentors mailing list -admin mailing list, berkus said?
- students mailing list via gsoc