Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools
From PostgreSQL wiki
Much of this page is somewhat out of date at this point. A more current and detailed summary is available at Database Administration, Reporting, and Light application development
Open Source / Free Software
MS Windows, GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, OpenBSD, Solaris
pgAdmin III is THE Open Source management tool for your PostgreSQL databases. Features full Unicode support, fast, multithreaded query and data editting tools and support for all PostgreSQL object types.
pgAdmin III is bundled with the Windows installer, and you can use that such a client to administer a remote server on another OS. Note that binary packages for platforms like RPM don't show up in every point release, you currently have to go back to v1.8.0 to get the last full set of packages.
Free Administration Centre for the PostgreSQL database. Includes a graphical administration interface, an SQL query tool, a procedural code editor and much more. pgAdmin III is designed to answer the needs of most users, from writing simple SQL queries to developing complex databases. The graphical interface supports all PostgreSQL features and makes administration easy. Available in more than 30 languages and for several operating systems.
browser-based, requires webserver
Similar to the ever-popular phpMyAdmin, enhanced for PostgreSQL, supports browsing and modification of most types of PostgreSQL database objects, plus execution of ad-hoc queries. Maintained by (who else?) the phpPgAdmin team. (JMB 11.2002).
phpPgAdmin (and the required Apache and PHP packages) may be easily installed using Stack Builder if you are running a one-click-installer PostgreSQL distribution.
browser-based, webserver included
Installers available for Windows, Mac and Linux, alternatively download a simple cross-platform archive that runs anywhere with simple script.
browser-based, requires webserver
Adminer (formerly phpMinAdmin) is a full-featured database management tool written in PHP. Conversely to phpMyAdmin, it consist of a single file ready to deploy to the target server. Adminer is available for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL and Oracle.
JetBrains IDEs - IntelliJ IDEA, PHPStorm, PyCharm, RubyMine, etc ...
Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
JetBrains Products - for example PHPStorm - have built-in database plugin.
After you configured the data sources of your project, you can easily create tables, foreign keys, indexes much easier than usually, because the IDE is very smart; for example by foreign keys it automatically sets the name of the key, and the related columns. For me it is so far the best experience by creating a basic database schema. Even with editable EER models was it slower... By the settings ofyour data source you can configure the SQL dialect of your database. After that if you want to add stored procedures or triggers, you will have code completion which is favorable too. So I think JetBrains products speed up your work if you exactly know what you want, and how can you make it.
For PHPStorm (what I currently use) there is a free license for open source projects. For enterprise usage there is a 30 days trial, after that you can buy personal or commercial license which are very cheap compared to other products.
For PyCharm (even the Community Edition) you can install the free JetBrains plugin Database Navigator (Settings -> IDE Settings -> Plugins). It appears to deliver the same functionality described above for PHPStorm. You will get a new menu DB Navigator, left to the Help menu.
New native driver for PostgreSQL databases (for versions > 8.4 - support for version 8.4 will be included in LibreOffice 3.5.1).
Windows, Linux, Solaris
Verbatim from the above URL :
The postgresql SDBC Driver allows to use the postgresql database from OpenOffice.org without any wrapper layer such as odbc or jdbc. The currentversion 0.7.6 can be considerded as good beta quality ( with some known issues and missing features). The driver is aimed at the 1.1 OpenOffice.org and OpenOffice.org 2.x versions, it does not work with OOo1.0.x trees. The final aim is to have an easier to use, faster, more feature rich database driver than the jdbc-odbc solution. The current version should already allow this in most places.
The Red Hat Database Graphical Tools, RHDB Administrator and Visual Explain
Red Hat has stood by their word and open-sourced their database tools which ship with Red Hat Database for the benefit of the PostgreSQL community. I haven't used these, a review would be nice. Developed by Red Hat, Inc. (JMB 11.2002)
Database administration/user tool for GNOME, based on libgda/libgnomedb, which are a complete database-independent access layer for UNIX systems, with support for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sybase, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Interbase/Firebird, MS Access files, xBase.
TOra, an Oracle tool with some PostgreSQL support
Linux & Windows
An Oracle database administration interface, with limited ability to browse PostgreSQL databases (tables, views, and functions only). I'm told that if you have the Oracle libraries, Tora's sophisticated function editor will work for PostgreSQL as well. Developed by Henrik Johnson as a Quest Toad clone. (JMB 11.2002)
Kexi is part of the Calligra Suite and is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and LGPL.
available for FreeBSD & Linux, Apple, Windows, (Android)
SQuirreL SQL Client is a graphical SQL client written in Java that will allow you to view the structure of a JDBC compliant database, browse the data in tables, issue SQL commands etc.
AnySQL Maestro is a freeware tool for administering any database engine (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, etc.), which is accessible via ODBC driver or OLE DB provider. Includes Database Designer, Visual Query Builder, BLOB Viewer/Editor, SQL Editor, Data export/import and other features.
An OpenSource SQL GUI tool similar to Squirrel. Data can be edited directly in the result set. It has strong support for exporting and importing data between databases using its own SQL command extension. It can be used in GUI mode or as a console application. All SQL Workbench specific commands can also be run in batch mode to automate export and import task. It supports schema comparison ("diff") and copying data between databases.
PostgreSQL PHP Generator
PostgreSQL PHP Generator is a freeware but powerful PostgreSQL GUI frontend that allows you to generate high-quality PHP scripts for the selected tables, views and queries for the further working with these objects through the web.
WaveMaker Ajax GUI Design Tool
Windows, Macintosh, Linux
WaveMaker is an Ajax-based GUI design tool for Postgres. WaveMaker is built using itself! WaveMaker generates a standard Java WAR file based on Spring, Hibernate and Dojo. WaveMaker supports Postgres schema creation and import and includes a visual query editor.
The druid is a tools that allows users to create databases in a graphical way. The user can add tables, fields, folders to group tables and can modify most of the database options that follow the SQL-92 standard. In addition to sql options, the user can document each table and each field with HTML information. Once the database is created, the druid can generate:
- HTML documentation: for all tables, with browsing facilities
- PDF documentation: for all tables
- Java classes: (one class for each table) that contain tables' constants (such as fields size) plus java code added by the user
- A data dictionarythat contains all tables and fields present in the database
- SQL script which contains all table definitions that can be piped to the DBMS
- And much more info...
Power*Architect is an ERD modelling tool that is based on Java and JDBC. Support for forward and reverse engineering PostgreSQL databases is supported. It's OpenSource with a GPL license.
RISE - Model Driven Development using ERD / UML
RISE is a free software suite for model driven information system development. Use a single source RISE model to generate your entire information solution including database, web services and documentation. Boost development throughput and improve quality and maintainability!
The RISE user experience is based on a project concept, similar to that of most integrated development environments. The user works with resources and drawings that are part of a single development project.
RISE supports a fully graphical approach to information modeling and system engineering, using ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) as well as UML (Unified Modeling Language). This includes drag-and-drop of entities, their attributes and relations, as well as of views and entire web services.
RISE supports graphic editing of complex objects such as views and orchestrated methods. RISE automatically safeguards the combination process, thus, assuring a technically correct result.
RISE provides several ways to generate code from the model; directly to file, via the RISE Server or as an Internet service. RISE provides code generators for the database layer (SQL/DDL) as well as for the server side application layer (web services and persistent classes). All database scripts are incremental allowing you to install and maintain any number of databases from a single model.
Feature list http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S.aspx?ITEM=1355
RISE PostgreSQL code generator
The RISE PostgreSQL code generator generates native PL/pgSQL scripts. Model your information in the free RISE Editor and generate your database script. The script incrementally updates the tables, columns, indexes and constraints in the database to match the RISE model. Once the database model is updated, the views defined in the RISE model are created in the database and possible default data, entered in the model, is inserted.
RISE PHP for PostgreSQL code generator
The RISE PHP for PostgreSQL code generator renders PHP source code for database access. Model your information and programming interfaces in the free RISE Editor and generate your code. The generated code implements the classes and methods corresponding to the information interfaces specified in the RISE model. This includes classes for database access and, optionally, classes implementing SOAP/JSON web services and proxy classes assisting the implementation of a PHP SOAP client.
Marshal SQL Utility
The Marshal SQL Utility is a generic cross database utility with batch execution capabilities. It allows you to test ODBC connections, browse database schemas, discover tables, views and columns.
Key features of Marshal SQL Utility:
- Execute any query supported by your database server
- Execute batches of queries
- Discover tables and views in your database
- Discover columns for a selected table or view
- Supports BLOBS and CLOBS
- Save your results to file
- Use any ODBC compliant database such as PostgreSQL.
EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL Freeware
EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL Freeware (EMS SQL Manager Lite for PostgreSQL) is an excellent and easy-to-use freeware graphical tool for PostgreSQL database administration. It has the minimal required set of tools for those users who are new to PostgreSQL server and need only its basic functionality. EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL Freeware allows you to work with servers, databases and schemas, view, edit, search, group, sort and filter any data stored in a database, create and execute SQL queries with powerful SQL editor, handle multiple selected objects at a time and much more.
Open Source CMS
The CMS is a free Visual Studio 2010 solution template with a set of projects providing a complete Content Management System (CMS) based on RISE Visual Modeling with model, full source, sample site and DB-scripts for PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQL Server.
It’s a complete ready-to-run Visual Studio solution with model, source code and web clients. It illustrates how to use RISE, how to implement a SOA backend and how to build RIA frontends.
OS X Yosemite only, free, "Sequel Pro" inspired.
No Longer Supported / Developed
Database conversion and synchronization between PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access, dBase, FoxPro, Microsoft Excel, Firebird, Interbase, MySQL, Oracle, Paradox, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server, SQL Server Azure, SQL Server Compact(SQLCE), SQLite, Delimited text files (CSV), XML and many more via ODBC.
VSQL++ for PostgreSQL
A powerful Postgresql database management tool to help DBA sto manage the database objects easy and quickly.
Nucleon Database Master for PostgreSQL and Others
Nucleon Database Master is a modern, powerful, intuitive, easy to use and all in one PostgreSQL MongoDB, Oracle, DB2, Informix, Ingres, SQL Server, SQL Azure, MySQL, FireBird, SQLite client application with a consistent interface that simplifies managing, querying, editing, visualizing, designing andreporting relational and schema-free (NoSQL) database systems. You can connect any database system via ODBC and OleDB connections.Using Database Master, you can execute SQL, LINQ, JSON queries or you can create, edit and delete all database objects such as tables, views, procedures, columns, indexes, collections and triggers. You can execute SQL queries and scripts, view and edit table data including BLOBs (Image, Text or any file), represent tables and its relations as a ER(Entity Relationship) diagram.
Info: http://www.nucleonsoftware.com/ Windows, other platforms via WINE Admin
Lightning Admin for PostgreSQL
Windows, other platforms via WINE
Lightning Admin is one of the best GUI admin tools available and sports a modern tabbed MDI interface and is the least expensive full featured GUI admin tool on the market. Compare to Navicat or EMS and save big. Current price is $19.99 per user.
Freeware, available for PostgreSQL and MySQL, allows managing all aspects of the database: db, table, triggers, functions, etc. Includes import/export wizards to migrate data and structure to/from other database engines. Developed by DBTools Software.
Windows, Linux version just released
Basically a proprietary, more powerful version of PGAdmin II or PGAccess. Adds support for trigger and constraint editing, metadata logging, and query monitoring. Also includes multiple-format data import/export tools, which are also available on their own for Linux. Developed by EMS Hitech. (JMB 4.2003).
Designed by The Kompany as a Linux-based competitor to MS Access, this simple interface and database interface-builder is unfortunately designed for MySQL andhas some problems with PostgreSQL. Was still buggy in May 2002, but may be improved by now. Supports limited browsing of database objects, creation of data entry forms and reports. (JMB 11.2002)
I'm trying DataArchitect 2 from theKompany now for 6 month. Highly recommended if you want an easy to use DB-Design Tool, but generated SQL-Scripts needs some rework. PostgreSQL is supported, you easily can create Stored Procedures, Foreign Keys, Views and Triggers. (Bernd, 1.2003)
SyBase Power Designer
Sybase PowerDesigner is power tool with built in PostgreSQL support. It support tables, views, triggers, constraints and referential integrity. More advanced than Data Architect.
Windows + ODBC only
Yes, you can use MS Access as a PostgreSQL database interface. Supports data access to PostgreSQL tables and views; many ODBC-based limitations and errors. I don't need to tell anyone what MS Access' other capabilities are. (JMB 11.2002)
Apparently a high-end tool by Computer Associates with PostgreSQL support as a downloadable addon for some version(s). Haven't tried this. JC
DeZign for Databases
DeZign is a database development tool using an entity relationship diagram. It visually supports the lay out of the entities and relations and automatically generates SQL schemas for most leading databases including PostgreSQL.
Admin NOTE this software is not maintained and has not had a new release in many years. Because of it's age it does not support schemas on PGSQL versions 7.3 and up.
Postgres Explorer is a full-featured GUI postgres development tool. Features include a tree view of your databases, and database objects. You can reverse engineer SQL statements from your database objects , modify the SQL and execute it. Wizards will guide you through the process to generate SQL for various objects and statements. The latest release includes a Graphical Select Query Designer (anonymous, 4.2003)
Case Studio 2
I just downloaded the trial version, so far it looks real promising and claims to support PostgreSQL. Handles reverse engineering of existing databases, and has a real nice interface for setting up tables, relationships etc. You can get a lite or full version. The description from the website... Professional database modeling tool for various databases. CASE Studio 2 includes following key features:
LITE version features + Reverse Engineering from various database systems Version Manager Data Flow Diagrams Definition of user defined variables Large COM interface Users, User groups and User permission support and many more.
pgEdit is a high performance SQL editor and development environment designed specifically for PostgreSQL relational databases. pgEdit features include SQL syntax coloring, direct source code execution, PHP support, integrated documentation, and extensive customizable editing facilities.
pgEdit uses psql, the interactive terminal application included with every PostgreSQL installation. This makes it easy to develop with pgEdit and then transfer your work to any PostgreSQL installation for maintenance and production tasks.
pgEdit is a native application for both Macintosh and Windows. It does not use Java or require installation of external libraries. You have the option of using the version of psql included with pgEdit or a different version installed anywhere on your hard drive.
RazorSQL is an SQL query tool, database browser, SQL editor, and database administration tool that supports PostgreSQL and any other JDBC or ODBC compliant database. Some of the major features are tools for creating, dropping, and altering objects such as tables, views, indexes, triggers, functions, users, and databases; a programming editor that supports 20 different programming languages; import and export tools; auto column and table lookup; and a query builder, query scheduler, and SQL formatter.
MicroOLAP Database Designer
Database Designer for PostgreSQL is an easy CASE tool with intuitive graphical interface allowing you to build a clear and effective database structure visually, see the complete picture (diagram) representing all the tables, references between them, views, stored procedures and other objects. Then you can easily generate a physical database on a server, modify it according to any changes you made to the diagram using fast ALTER statements.
Import / Export and synchronization tools for PostgreSQL
Microsoft Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000 / NT. Software is able to connect to remote PostgreSQL 9.x/7.4 located on Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, and Windows.
ConvertDB cross database migration tools assist in data conversion and synchronization among PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Windows SQL Azure, and MS Access databases
- 1 Million of records can be transferred in 5-10 minutes.
- Bi-directional synchronization between PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MySQL and Oracle
- Scheduling migration and synchronization jobs.
dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL
Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista and Windows 7
dbForge Data Compare for PostgreSQL by Devart is a tool for table data comparison and synchronization. When using PostgreSQL data compare tool developer can detect data differences in compared PostgreSQL tables; generate data synchronization script and execute it to eliminate all these differences.
- Identify the differences between two databases
- Compare separate tables or table groups by table name mask
- Compare tables with different structure
- Generate a report embodying data diff and save it for further analysis
- Sync data in tables and views in full or in part
- Generate SQL script for database synchronization
- Organize database synchronization according to the schedule
Aqua Data Studio
Java: Windows/Linux/Macintosh OSX/Solaris
Aqua Data Studio is a management tool for the PostgreSQL relational database w/ administration capabilities and a database query tool. The visual administration features provide users the ability to browse and modify database structures, including schema objects, database storage and maintain database security. An integrated query tool allows users to quickly create, edit and execute SQL queries and scripts. Aqua Data Studio also provides an import and export tool to allow users to easily move data in and out of the PostgreSQL database in and from different data formats.
Tuples is the first native client for PostgreSQL for Mac OSX. It supports connecting to several servers at the same time, exporting data in several formats and profiling queries. As a native client it is fast, lightweight and a good Mac citizen.
EMS Database Management Tools for PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL Tools Products Family:
- SQL Management Studio for PostgreSQL - single workbench for administering PostgreSQL databases, managing database schema and objects as well as for database design, migration, extraction, query building, data import, export and database comparison.
- SQL Manager for PostgreSQL - high performance graphical tool for PostgreSQL database administration and development. It makes creating and editing PostgreSQL database objects easy and fast, and allows you to run SQL scripts, visually design databases, build SQL queries, extract, print and search metadata, import and export PostgreSQL database data and much more.
- Data Export for PostgreSQL - tool to export PostgreSQL database data quickly to any of 19 available formats, including MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, RTF, HTML, TXT, ODF and more. Data Export for PostgreSQL has a friendly wizard, which allows you to set various options of PostgreSQL export process visually and a command-line utility to automate your PostgreSQL export jobs using the configuration file.
- Data Import for PostgreSQL - tool to import data to PostgreSQL tables from MS Excel 97-2007, MS Access, DBF, TXT, CSV, MS Word 2007, RTF, ODF and HTML files. This utility allows you to quickly import data to one or several PostgreSQL tables or views at once, save all PostgreSQL import parameters set on current wizard session, use special batch insert mode to import PostgreSQL data at the maximum possible speed and much more.
- Data Pump for PostgreSQL - migration tool for converting databases and importing table data from an ADO-compatible source (e.g. MS Access, MS SQL database or any other database with ADO support) to PostgreSQL databases.
- Data Generator for PostgreSQL - tool for generating test data to PostgreSQL database tables. The utility can help you to simulate the database production environment and allows you to populate several PostgreSQL database tables with test data simultaneously, define tables for generating data, set value ranges, control a wide variety of generation parameters for each field type and much more.
- DB Comparer for PostgreSQL - tool for comparing PostgreSQL database schemas and discovering differences in their structures. You can view all the differences in compared database objects and execute an automatically generated script to synchronize structure of PostgreSQL databases and eliminate these differences.
- DB Extract for PostgreSQL - easy-to-use tool for creating PostgreSQL database backups in a form of SQL scripts. This database script utility allows you to save metadata of all PostgreSQL database objects as well as PostgreSQL table data as database snapshots.
- SQL Query for PostgreSQL - useful tool that lets you quickly and simply build SQL queries to PostgreSQL databases. Visual PostgreSQL query building as well as direct editing of a query text is available.
- Data Comparer for PostgreSQL - tool for PostgreSQL data comparison and synchronization. Using this utility you can view all the differences in compared PostgreSQL tables and execute an automatically generated script to eliminate these differences.
Navicat is a powerful PostgreSQL Database Server administration and development tool. It works with PostgreSQL 8.0 version or above and supports most of the PostgreSQL features including Trigger, Function, View, Manage User, and so on. It is also not only sophisticated enough for professional developers, but also easy to learn for new users. With its well-designed GUI, Navicat lets you quickly and easily create, organize, access and share information in a secure and easy way.
SQL Maestro Group products for PostgreSQL
SQL Maestro Group offers a number of tools for PostgreSQL.
- PostgreSQL Maestro allows you to create, edit, copy, drop and dump database objects easy and fast. You can also design your database as ER diagram, build queries visually, execute SQL queries and scripts, debug PL/pgSQL functions, view and edit data including BLOBs, represent data as diagrams, export and import data to/from most popular file formats, analyze your data summarized into multidimensional views and hierarchies (OLAP cubes), manage PostgreSQL roles, users, groups and privileges, and use a lot of other admin tools designed for making your work with PostgreSQL database server comfortable and efficient.
- PostgreSQL Data Wizard provides you with a number of easy-to-use wizards to transfer any database to PostgreSQL, export data from PostgreSQL tables, views and queries to most popular formats, and import data from various sources into PostgreSQL tables.
- PostgreSQL Code Factory is a GUI tool aimed at the SQL queries and scripts development.
- PostgreSQL Data Sync is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for database contents comparison and synchronization.
- PostgreSQL PHP Generator Professional is a frontend that allows you to generate high-quality PHP applications for your database in a few mouse clicks.
SQL Maestro Group also produces similar tools for MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, SQLite, Firebird, DB2, SQL Anywhere, and MaxDB.
Datanamic DataDiff for PostgreSQL
Datanamic DataDiff for PostgreSQL is a utility for data comparison and synchronization. Compare data for selected tables in two databases, view differences and publish changes quickly and safely. Flexible comparison and synchronization settings will enable you to set up a customized comparison key and to select tables and fields for comparison and for synchronization. DB Data Difftective can be used for data migrations, verification of (corrupt) data, data auditing etc.
Datanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL
Datanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL is a tool for comparison and synchronization of database schemas. It allows you to compare and synchronize tables, views, functions, sequences (generators), stored procedures, triggers and constraints between two databases.
DB MultiRun PostgreSQL Edition
DB MultiRun is a simple tool to execute multiple SQL scripts on multiple databases quickly. Define a list of databases, add SQL scripts to execute on these databases and click "execute" to run those scripts on the databases in the list. The multi-threaded execution of the SQL scripts makes it complete the task fast. After execution of the scripts you can examine the results of the executed scripts on each database.
SqlPro is an easy to use database GUI tool for six popular databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite and Access). One IDE makes database administration and development faster and error free. SQLPro Key Features: color-coding of the SQL, drag-and-drop of objects into the editor pane to save you from typing their names, retrieval of SQL code for things like stored procedures and triggers from the underlying database, and one-click creation of SELECT and INSERT statements. You can open, save and print SQL scripts. SQLPro uses native drivers to connect to the databases (no ODBS or third party engines to install).
DB Doc helps you document your database structure and objects. Documents can be generated as PDF reports, HTML pages, or a single compiled HTML file. The layout is fully customizable, and you can quickly view inter-object dependencies using hyperlinks.
DB Doc supports PostgreSQL 8.3 to 9.3.
SQL Spreadsheets lets you export images and binary files to an Excel spreadsheet. Images can be displayed directly in the spreadsheet itself, or saved to disk and displayed as a link in the spreadsheet.
SQL File Import
SQL File Import allows you to upload files, images, and other data into your database, without having to write any SQL statements. SQL File Import supports PostgreSQL, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite, SQL Server, and various ODBC-supported databases (e.g. DB2 and PostgreSQL).
A scripting engine allows you to transform data before importing them into your database. A command line version is also included to allow you to perform unattended upload/import tasks.
SQL Image Viewer
SQL Image Viewer allows you to retrieve, view, convert and export images stored in Firebird, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite, SQL Server, and various ODBC-supported databases (e.g. DB2 and PostgreSQL). It supports the following image formats: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD, and TIFF.
It also allows you to export binary data, and recognises the following binary file types: PDF, MP3, WAV, 7Z, BZ2, GZ, RAR, ZIP, and has experimental support for DOC, PPT and XLS file types.
A command line version is also included to allow you to perform unattended scheduled exports of binary data.
SQL Data Sets
SQL Data Sets allows you to generate and save data sets retrieved from PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and ODBC-supported database engine. Saved data sets are compressed and can optionally be encrypted. Shared data sets can be opened by other users using the free SQL Data Sets Viewer. Saved data sets can also be queried further without the need to connect to any database engine, can be exported to HTML, Excel, XML and plain text files. The SQL Data Sets Viewer can also display images stored in binary fields, and identify PDF, MP3, WAV, 7Z, BZ2, GZ, RAR, ZIP, and unprotected Microsoft Office files.
SQL Select is a lightweight SQL IDE for PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Firebird, and ODBC-supported database engine. It also allows you to export result sets to a SQLite database.
Online Web System
Any recent web browser with FlashPlayer
Provides an integrated set of GUI tools designed to allow PostgreSQL non-experts to effectively collaborate with more advanced PG Users and Web developers. Includes a Table Editor (unlimited Tables), a graphical Query Builder and a Functions Editor, along with additional tools for Content Management, Print Management and Cloud Management. Designed initially to be an alternative to Filemaker, but has continued to advance beyond that goal. Additional, integrated tools include Php (Actions Editor), WYSIWYG Web site Design, Pdf - Report Design & creation tool(with variable data print (PdfLib)), internal chat, datasources, dynamic charts, hosting, publish to web, css/js editor, QRCode generator, CRON, ACL with Role based permissions + additional ancillary tools. Recently added integration with Google Drive (Docs, spreadsheets, Picasa & Calendar), allowing import of Google spreadsheets directly in to PG Tables. All created content can be 'bundled' with the internal SaaS Manager and installed in other accounts (or server installations) with a click. The end result is an online Web System and Web Office allowing 'Novices' to see and work with PG + web developers within an integrated environment. Free - 30 day trial account without credit card info. Also available as a server install (Debian only).
SQLTool Pro Database Editor
SQLTool Pro is a professional Android SQL editor for MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Sybase, and Oracle Databases.
DbVisualizer is a feature rich, intuitive multi-database tool for developers, database administrators, and increasingly for advanced analysts providing a single powerful interface across a wide variety of operating systems. With its easy-to-use and clean interface, DbVisualizer has proven to be one of the most cost effective database tools available, yet to mention that it runs on all major operating systems and supports all major RDBMS that are available. Users only need to learn and master one application. DbVisualizer integrates transparently with the operating system being used.
Valentina Studio (Free)
Valentina Studio is a powerful PostgreSQL Database Server administration and development tool. It offers for free many advanced editors:
- Schema Editor with Tree and Column views
- Diagram Editor with reverse engineering
- SQL Editor with auto-completion, syntax-highlighting, recent and favorite queries, templates of commands, many result tab-panels, ...
- Data Editor with easy sorting and filtering of records without SQL, in-cell editing.
- Related Data Editor that allow s you to learn related records in different modes.
- SQL dumps
- and so on ...
Valentina Studio PRO - adds additional advanced features as:
- Report Editor to developer reports based on Valentina Report Engine with datasources from PostgreSQL and other databases.
- Diagrams forward engineering
- SQL DIFF
- Data Transfer
Mac OS X
PG Commander is a modern PostgreSQL client for developers and content editors. Great interface for browsing tables & editing records (especially tables with foreign keys). Has a very nice graphical SQL Terminal. Supports PostgreSQL 8.0 and up, including Amazon Redshift. Built-In support for connecting via SSH tunnels.
Html5 Web Browser (Linux/Mac OS X/Windows)
JackDB is a database client that runs entirely in your web browser. There's no software to install locally so you can use it on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows and it works on all major modern browsers (eg. Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, and Opera). It supports connecting to PostgreSQL, as well as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server databases.
- Html5 interface with no client installation
- Query editor with syntax highlighting
- Scrolling result sets
- Schema/Object browser
- SSL connections with certificate pinning
- Eliminates password sharing
- Two-factor authentication
- BLOB display (images and Html5 audio/video)
Tadpole DB Hub
Tadpole DB Hub is Unified infrastructure tool, various environment based interface for managing Apache Hive, Amazon RDS, CUBRID, MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle, SQLite, MSSQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases. It enables you to handle typical DB over the World Wide Web.
- Intuitive web interface (Safari, Chrome, IE 10, Firefox)
- User Management (Admin, Manager, User)
- Select, Insert, Update, Delete
- Download query result
- SQL Syntax Highlighting
- SQL Formatting
- SQL Statement <-> Java, PHP String Literal Each Convert
- SQL Assist
- Execute SQL Statement
- SQL Result Set to CSV
- SQL History And Export text
- Generate SQL Statement (Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Table, View, Index, Procedure, Function, Trigger)
- Generate ER Diagram (Auto Layout)
Vertabelo is an online database designer working under Chrome. It free to use for smaller projects and have commercial version for larger database projects.
- Intuitive HTML5 web interface (Chrome)
- OS independent
- Sharing DB model with team members
- Support for PosgreSql, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, DB2, SQLite, HSQLDB,
- Model versioning
- Dynamic/Visual search
- Live model validation
- Reverse engineering
PostgreSQL Database Modeler
PostgreSQL Database Modeler, or simply, pgModeler is an open source tool for modeling databases that merges the classical concepts of entity-relationship diagrams with specific features that only PostgreSQL implements. The pgModeler translates the models created by the user to SQL code and apply them onto database clusters from version 8.0 to 9.1. $3.50 per copy as of 2014/04/09.
GenMyModel is an online modeling tool supporting database modeling. It is free to use for smaller projects and have commercial version for larger database projects.
- Intuitive HTML5 web interface (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- OS independent
- Instant sharing and collaboration
- Customizable SQL generators
- Model versioning
- Live model validation
SQLPro for Postgres
Mac OS X 10.8 and above
- 100% native OS X app with a clean and simple to use interface.
- Query editor with syntax highlighting and autocomplete.
- Support for multiple result set execution.
- History feature, displaying your last ten executed queries.
- Primary key detection for inline result set modifications.
- Custom theme support allowing developers to work with style.
Web Browser (Linux/Mac OS X/Windows)
DBHawk is a web based SQL tool and reporting software designed for PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server and other databases. Its easy to deploy and use.
- Web based interface with no client installation
- Advanced Query editor with syntax highlighting and multi tabs results
- Online visual query builder
- Online SQL Report Builder
- Online SQL Job Scheduler
- Export results to html, csv, pdf, google docs, amazon s3
- SQL Auditing and Security
- Schema/Object browser
- SQL and data snippet sharing
- Blob data viewer and editor
Mac OS X
Postico is a fully native Mac app for connecting to your PostgreSQL server. It supports encrypted connections via SSL and SSH to PostgreSQL 8.0 and later, including Amazon Redshift.
Postico has a powerful table content editor with in-cell editing and form-based row editing in a sidebar. You can quickly filter tables by keywords or even complex SQL expressions.
There's also a table structure editor for editing columns, types, default values, foreign keys, check constraints etc.
Finally, there's a convenient SQL Query Editor with support for query history and syntax highlighting. It also has convenience features like auto-indent and shortcuts for comment line etc.