From PostgreSQL wiki
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
Revision as of 16:43, 23 November 2012
PostgreSQL packages for Debian and Ubuntu
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group (PGDG) maintains a apt repository of PostgreSQL packages for Debian located at http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/. We aim at building PostgreSQL server packages as well as extensions and modules packages on several Debian releases for all PostgreSQL versions supported.
Currently, we support
- Debian 6.0 (squeeze), 7.0 (wheezy), and unstable (sid)
- Ubuntu 12.4 (precise), support for lucid is being worked on
- PostgreSQL 8.3, 8.4, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2
- Several third-party extensions such as Slony-I, various PL languages, and datatypes.
Packages for older PostgreSQL versions and older Debian distributions will continue to stay in the repository; updates for those will be provided on an ad-hoc basis.
Import the repository key from http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc:
wget -O - http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo apt-key add -
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list. The distributions are called codename-pgdg. In the example, replace squeeze with the actual distribution you are using:
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ squeeze-pgdg main
Configure apt's package pinning to prefer the PGDG packages over the Debian ones in /etc/apt/preferences.d/pgdg.pref:
Package: * Pin: release o=apt.postgresql.org Pin-Priority: 500
Note: this will replace all your Debian/Ubuntu packages with available packages from the PGDG repository. If you do not want this, skip this step.
Update the package lists:
Have a look at the FAQ.
- 2012-11-22: Ubuntu Precise (12.4) added to the repository, and built 9.2.1, 9.1.6, 9.0.10, 8.4.14, 8.3.21 for it.
- 2012-10-13: Repository key renewed with new expiry date.
- 2012-10-02: Minor releases 9.2.1, 9.1.6, 9.0.10, 8.4.14, 8.3.21 built
- 2012-09-15: 9.2.0 is in the repository
- 2012-08-22: PostgreSQL in Debian Hackathon: Blog posting and notes. The distribution names changed from *-pgapt to *-pgdg, please update your sources.list.
- 2012-06-07: 9.2 added, Lenny marked unsupported now
- 2012-06-07: separate components "9.0", "9.2" etc added for libpq5/libpg-dev/lib... packages that would otherwise overwrite packages from other versions in the same suite. (Usually, using the latest stable libpq5 version will be ok for users. The packages built from other PostgreSQL versions are provided only for completeness.)
- Overview of available packages and versions
- Dists directory
- Packages pool directory
- ExtensionPackaging (PostgreSQL Wiki)
- pkg-postgresql (Debian Wiki)
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org (Archives)
- IRC channel: #postgresql-apt @ irc.freenode.net
- People: Christoph Berg <email@example.com>, Dimitri Fontaine <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Magnus Hagander <email@example.com>
The build server is kindly hosted by DG-i. The archive is hosted on postgresql.org hardware.